Amazon today launched its Prime service in India. It offers unlimited one-day and two-day delivery, discounted same-day, morning and scheduled deliveries in select cities with no minimum order size. Items eligible for Prime benefits are marked with Prime logo and are fulfilled. ” With Prime, Indian customers in over 100 cities can enjoy unlimited free one-day and two-day delivery on lakhs of eligible products,” said Amazon.
Amazon is offering 60-day free trial for Prime in India after that it will cost Rs. 499 for a year as limited period offer, though the usual subscription cost is Rs. 999 per year. You can sign up at Amazon.in/prime.
Amazon prime directly competes with Flipkart First that costs Rs. 500 per year, but Amazon says that it will launch Prime Video soon for the Prime subscribers so that they can watch Amazon Original Series and Movies, as well as premium movies and TV shows from Indian and global content providers.
Benefits for Amazon Prime users
- Unlimited FREE fast delivery : FREE One-Day and Two-Day delivery on eligible items
- No minimum order size: Never worry about meeting a minimum order value to get free delivery
- 30-minute early access to deals : Be the first to shop top Lightning Deals
- Prime Exclusive Deals: Exclusive Lightning Deals and Deals of the Day for Prime members
- Discounted Same-Day, Morning and Scheduled Delivery: Across pincodes in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and more cities.