mAadhaar App – Carrying Everywhere the Aadhaar card | The biometrics-based unique identifier Biometric scanner, recently became a lot easier when the supervisory agency UIDAI launched the mAadhaar app for Android devices. The mAadhaar app launched by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). To use the mAadhaar or ‘mobile Aadhaar’ app, users need to have their phone number registered with UIDAI. The mAadhaar app is only available on Android for now, and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
mAadhaar is official mobile application developed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information viz. Name, Date of Birth, Gender & Address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in smart phones.
How to Download and Use mAadhaar App :
1. Download mAadhaar App
2. Create New Password
3. Enter your mAadhaar Card Number
4. Now verify your OTP by giving permission to read your Message.
5. Once you complete all the process, Now you can access your Aadhaar Card Anytime Anywhere with mAadhaar Card App.
mAadhaar App Key Features :
- Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
- Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
- TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
mAadhaar App Note for Users:
- Registered Mobile Number is essential to use mAadhaar app. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrolment Centre/Mobile Update End Point.
mAadhaar App Usage Guidelines:
- Application will ask for password as soon as it is opened as the first step. User should enter a password of length minimum 8 and maximum 12 characters.The password should contain atleast 1 number, 1 alphabet, 1 special character ( @,#,&,%,*,!,-,(,) ) and 1 alphabet in capital e.g. Sharma@123.
- Aadhaar profile can be downloaded only on mobile devices having registered mobile number (Registered mobile number is the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar)
- Please do not navigate from application if it is waiting for SMS. mAadhaar will automatically read the OTP once it is received.
- There is no provision to manually enter the OTP anywhere in mAadhaar. This is a security feature.
- mAadhaar needs to connect and download data from UIDAI.So ensure that internet connectivity is available on your phone.
- One Aadhaar profile can be active on only one device at a time. If you create profile on another device by inserting the sim in another device, the previous profile would become inactive and would be deleted from older device whenever any operation is attempted from that device.
- If members of your family have the same mobile number registered as you in their Aadhaar, you can add their profile in your device.
- A user can add maximum 3 profiles in his device, all having same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar.
- In case of any issue or query, please write to email@example.com