Paytm becoming one of the most-used payment apps out there, the company is rightly making sure the app is secure, and has announced a new feature that lets you lock the app.
Before this feature, anyone who had access to your smartphone would in essence also have access to your Paytm app and account. But now the app lets users secure the app by choosing either a PIN code, password, pattern or a fingerprint. With this feature enabled, one will have to unlock the app as well, even if the smartphone is unlocked.
How to Add App Password for your Paytm Wallet:
This App password feature is currently available in the latest Android App and here is what you need to do to enable:
1. Set the Phone’s default Android security password if not already done. Go to your Phone’s Settings > Security > Screen Lock > Choose Screen Lock. You can select Pin, Password, Pattern or Fingerprint to protect your phone.
2. Open the updated Paytm App & click on “Pay” or “Passbook”. You will be prompted to enable this optional feature. If you are not logged in then you will be asked to login first to enable this App password.
3. Click on Add Security Feature. You will be asked to reconfirm your Phone’s Pin/Password/Pattern/Fingerprint depending on what you selected as your default protection. Once confirmed, your new App Password is now set.
4. Now next time when you click on “Pay” or “Passbook”, you will be prompted to input your App password you have just enabled.
5. In case you do not want to use this feature anymore, you can disable it as well. To disable, open Paytm App, Go to Profile > Security & Settings > Android Security Feature > Slide it off. You will be prompted to reconfirm your Pin/Password/Pattern/Fingerprint to disable it.
Now your Paytm Wallet is protected even if you lose or misplace your phone. If someone doesn’t know your personal PIN/Pattern then they won’t be able to Send Money or see your Passbook.
This feature is coming soon on Paytm iPhone App.