Corona Virus is trending topic worldwide with Worldometer showing 190000+ Infected cases & Over 7900+ Deaths occured worldwide.
The number of confirmed cases in India has risen to 73 and the government as suspended all visas till April 15. Across the world, over 120,00 people have been infected and around 4,600 people have died due to the deadly virus.
The Health Ministry had asked the Department of Telecommunications to order all the major telecom companies to add a 30-second COVID-19 prevention caller tune to their networks. According to the Health Ministry, BSNL, MTNL Reliance Jio, Airtel and Vodafone-Idea all added the caller tune to their combined network of 117.2 crore users.
What is Corona Caller Tune?
Corona caller tune is awareness message to Peoples of India. At the start of the caller tune, the caller hears a short coughing sound which is then followed by instructions related to information on how to avoid the spread of coronavirus. All telcos have temporarily disabled their normal caller tune in order for the message to reach more people.
One of these awareness drives is the pre-call announcement as a 30-second caller tune delivered by telecom operators Jio, Airtel, BSNL and Vodafone.
According to the Health Ministry, BSNL, MTNL Reliance Jio, Airtel and Vodafone-Idea all added the caller tune to their combined network of 117.2 crore users
The message, which provides valuable information for avoiding coronavirus, says that one must cover their face with a handkerchief or a tissue while sneezing or coughing. It also advises the callers to frequently wash their hands properly with soap & water and avoid touching their face. The message advises people to carry hand sanitisers. It also says to maintain a safe distance from people suffering from fever, cold or cough.
How to Stop or Remove Corona Caller Tune
The coronavirus caller tune has definitely brought in a great sense of awareness but on the contrary, there was an uproar among people who were irritated by the frequency of the tune’s announcement with a COUGH sound.
Method 1 :
1. Just dial the number from your Contact list
2. Corona Caller tune will start instantly after dialing
3. As soon as the message begins, Press 1 or # from Keypad (May have to press multiple times sometime)
5. Corona Caller tune will stop playing and the caller will hear the normal caller tune
Note: Working in Airtel & Vodafone Idea networks. In Reliance Jio & BSNL Corona Callertune continues till recipient pick up the call.
1. For Airtel Users, Dial *646*224# and press 1 to Deactivate
1. Send “STOP” to 155223 if using Jio to remove Corona callertune.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick