WhatsApp Business is an Android app which is free to download, and was built with the small business owner in mind. With the app, businesses can interact with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort, and quickly respond to messages.
WhatsApp Business App Features:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
The company clarified that normal users can continue to use WhatsApp without change and there is no need to download anything new. Users have full control on the messages that they receive as they can block any number including the messages coming from a business account. Users can also report the messages from Business accounts as spam if they are spammy in nature.
How to Register in WhatsApp Business App?
1. Download WhatsApp Business App
2. On installing the WhatsApp Business app, users would have to register themselves by giving their contact numbers. A Business profile can be made by adding the profile picture, address, description of the business, website and other relevant information.
3. It is also possible to migrate all the important chats from the old WhatsApp account to the new business account. The option can be seen during the registration process if a user is converting an existing account into a new WhatsApp Business account.
Note: The company has clearly mentioned that users should delete their old WhatsApp app if registered with the same phone number “as that will cause a reversion back to your old account should you reopen the old app.”