Xiaomi unveiled the concept for a futuristic-looking bezel-less phone dubbed the Xiaomi Mi Mix recently. It was designed by a French arts man Philippe Starck. A large bezel-less display, that conquered 91.3 % of the front surface, holds the record among all the smartphones.
Xiaomi Mi Mix – Bezelless Smartphone
Think of every out-there spec you could cram into a phone and the Xiaomi Mi Mix probably has it. The rear of this handset and its side buttons are both made out of ceramic. The display is curved at the corners and all the top-mounted sensors have been removed. The proximity sensor has been replaced by ultrasound, the earpiece has been replaced with a piezoelectric speaker that uses the metal frame to generate sound, and the front-facing camera is relocated to the bottom (though the phone can thankfully be rotated upside down for more flattering selfies).
Here’s a rundown of the specs for the Mi Mix.
• 6.4-inch display with edgeless design, ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio
• Full ceramic body: Back cover, frame, and buttons
• Custom 17:9 display, 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys
• Up to 6GB LPDDR4 RAM; up to 256GB UFS 2.0 storage
• 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
• High-capacity 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
• 16MP PDAF rear camera, 5MP front camera
• High-precision GPS with sensor-assisted positioning
• Full NFC functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P
• Standard variant would be available for price of 3,499 RMB ($515) and premium variant for 3,999 RMB ($589)
Also take a look at the recent sale of the Mi Note 2 Flash Sale