Xiaomi has introduced the MIUI 8 globally at the Mi Max launch event in India, after it was introduced in China last month. Xiaomi said that MIUI has over 200 million active users worldwide. According to nielsen MIUI users in India are 33% more active than average. MIUI 8 brings several new features and a new refreshed UI.
Features of MIUI 8
- Redesigned colors
- New Gallery: 90% more space efficient, quick share controls by swiping up, doodle on drawings, video editing with cropping, adding filters, captions and music
- Mi cloud photos: Local high-res previews, sync full-sized photos to Mi cloud
- Scrolling screenshots: To capture screenshots of whole page
- Dual apps: Let you use two accounts in all your app and dual space to manage work and personal profiles without having to log in and out
- New Calculator: Advanced calculations and conversions
- MIUI caller ID: Crowd sourced caller ID to identify numbers from Amazon, Swiggy, Dominos, Zomato and more
- T9 Hindi keyboard
- Mobikwik integration: For mobile and DTH recharges
- SMS: Now has tags for different messages from Flipkart, HDFC Bank, Vodafone and more, Add booking to calendar
- Power saving mode: Freezes background app activity, suspends syncs, updates and background tasks
- Limits chain start-ups: Prevents unessential apps from starting up, reduces lags and power consumption
MIUI 8 will be available for Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2 and Redmi Note 3. Public beta will be available starting from July 11th and the global stable ROM will be available from August 16th, 2016.