Xiaomi announced Redmi Pro, the company’s latest smartphone in the Redmi series at an event in China.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro comes with an all-metal unibody design and curved edges. It is the also first smartphone from Xiaomi to feature OLED display and dual rear cameras.
The highlight feature of the Xiaomi Redmi Pro is its dual rear camera setup, with a 13-megapixel Sony IMX258 sensor coupled with a 5-megapixel Samsung (unspecified) sensor, with the flash module sitting between the two lenses. On the front, it bears a 5-megapixel wide-angle camera.
The other highlight of the Xiaomi Redmi Pro is the deca-core MediaTek Helio X25 SoC, coupled with a Mali-T880 GPU. Xiaomi says this makes the smartphone its ‘most powerful Redmi ever’. As we mentioned, there is a variant powered by a deca-core MediaTek Helio X20 SoC as well.
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro sports a fingerprint sensor on the home button, and a 5.5-inch Oled display with a 100 percent NTSC colour gamut and 2.5D curved glass. The smartphone bears a brushed aluminium body, with CNC-chamfered edges.
The smartphone bears a hybrid dual SIM slot, with support for a microSD card in place of the second SIM card. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, as well as VoLTE support. The Xiaomi Redmi Pro comes in Gold, Silver and Gray colors.
Price and Availability:
- 1499 yuan (US$ 224 / Rs. 15,110 approx.) for the standard Helio X20, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant
- 1699 yuan (US$ 254 / Rs. 17,130 approx.) for the high-end Helio X25, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant
- The premium version with Helio X25, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 299 / Rs. 20,150 approx.).
- It will be available for order in China from August 6.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Specifications:
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD OLED 2.5D curved glass display, up to 100% NTSC color gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor with Mali-T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, 5MP secondary camera with Samsung sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4050mAh (typical) battery with fast charging